We are a real estate fund administration and outsourcing company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. REstack services the Canadian and US real estate investment management industry, providing clients with access to an institutional grade technology stack along with our fund administration and outsourcing services . The co-founders are real estate professionals with extensive experience in the real estate investment management space. Corporate headquarters are located at in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver, BC.
What’s your role
We are looking for a Fund Accountant to be part of a team managing REstack’s clients and will have an opportunity to contribute to our growth. You are a strong team player, possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently when required.
Reporting directly to the Controller – Fund Administration, you will combine your analytical skills with your knowledge of accounting principles to ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks and processes.
As a Fund Accountant at REstack, you will:
- be an important member of the finance team, and work with the rest of the members of the team
- contribute to a fast-growing company
- work in a dynamic environment
What you’ll be responsible for
Assisting with the Monthly and Annual Financial reporting for all our real estate clients, which includes:
- assisting with processing all capital transactions, including capital calls, distributions and waterfall calculations
- assisting in all fund accounting and operational activities, ensuring all fund transactions are recorded accurately and maintaining the general ledger
- performing bank reconciliations
- posting monthly accruals
- assisting with consolidation of asset level data, NAV calculations and production of monthly financial reports
- liaising with Clients to ensure excellent service levels are maintained
- working with 3rd Party property accountants to review and sign off on monthly financials
- Assist with year-end audit and tax reporting including reviewing fund distributions, ensuring tax filings are accurate and coordinating with auditors on required documentation
- assisting with building out the department and processes
- assisting with monthly property accounting preparation when needed
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
Who you are
- Possess or working towards a Professional Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA, ACCA, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in real estate and/or fund administration
- Yardi experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Solid inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and allocate time effectively
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive salary, incentive, and equity program
- Meaningful benefit package
- Flexibility for remote/hybrid work environment may be available (within BC preferred)
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about this role and other opportunities at REstack we encourage you to reach out to email@example.com.
If applying, please include a Cover Letter and Resume. We appreciate your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. If you want to learn more about REstack visit www.restack.com.